Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Consider praying the Rosary.

That's it, really. That's what I want to say in this post -- and I say it particularly to those of my readers who might not have considered it, including those who are not Catholic, as I am not Catholic, including my Mormon brothers and sisters. The Holy Dominican Rosary is one the most precious gifts the Roman Church has given the world. It is there for anyone who wishes to make use of it. God will let you know if you are one of these.

I strongly recommend praying it daily. I strongly recommend using Latin. I strongly recommend using a physical rosary, preferably one with wooden beads. Ash Wednesday would be a perfect time to start. Plenty of information for beginners is readily available online.

To those who balk at "praying to Mary," consider the following: Was Gabriel wrong to say, "Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee"? Was Elisabeth wrong to say, "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb"? Is it ever wrong to ask a fellow Christian to pray for you now and at the hour of your death? Have the answers to any of those questions changed because Mary is now in Heaven?

Just consider it. That's all I'm saying.

2 comments:

jason said...

I'll pass bro. I've done the Daily Office Psalms in the BCP and would consider doing them in Latin. And the Lord's Prayer is fine in Latin. But the first 3 chapters of Luke were made up by Catholics. Jesus as God created his own body as Marcion and Apelles taught and told us so numerous times like saying JB is the greatest born of a woman and saying "who is my mother? they who do the will of God." So then I am Mary and you're praying to me. But what sense does it make for me to pray to myself? "Hail Mary" "Oh hi me."

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

@jason

Any non-Catholic will have doctrinal disagreements with some of the literal content of the Rosary prayers. I was told not to worry about that.

https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2022/06/praying-rosary-in-latin.html

I discuss the question of Jesus' birth and parentage -- including hints in Mark that he had neither father nor mother -- here:

https://fourthgospel.blogspot.com/2022/05/the-parentage-and-birth-of-jesus-in.html

It appears you've already read that, though, since the comment by "Anonymous" sounds just like you.

All the Gospels make it clear that there was a woman who was known as Jesus' mother -- "Who is my mother?" was a response to his actual mother showing up and wanting to talk to him -- and motherhood, unlike fatherhood, it pretty hard to by mistaken about! How do you explain this?

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...