Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Will Power is the flame of the Green Lantern!

In "Green Door, Green Lantern," that B-list superhero came to my attention because the emblem on his chest (in the Silver-Age version) looks like 101, the S:E:G: value of the phrase green door.

Searching for green lantern time travel, I had found a page from a comic book in which Green Lantern travels back in time and sees a T. rex. Later, trying to find the full story online, I ended up browsing a lot of old comic books. I found this in Green Lantern #1.

When you've spent enough time playing around with gematria, you develop a sort of sense for it, just like some mathematicians can tell if a large number "looks prime" even before doing any calculations. As soon as I saw this page, I could just somehow see that will power and Green Lantern had the same S:E:G: value, even though I couldn't have told you what that value was. I did the math and confirmed it.

Will power = Green Lantern = 133.

Following a second hunch, I calculated the S:E:G: for the title of H. G. Wells's most famous novel.

The Time Machine = 133

The Green Lantern comic I had been looking for -- unsuccessfully -- was this one:

Green Lantern's "time-tunnel" is obviously a close cousin to Wells's machine, and sure enough:

time-tunnel = 133

S:E:G: is what drew my attention to Green Lantern in the first place -- but the number 101, not 133. In my original "Green Door 101" post, I had noted this:

Eight six = 101. Eight is the lemniscate, and six as in 666, a number which is also part of this sync stream.

Why "eight six"? Why not "six eight"?  Just a lucky random choice, I guess. After discovering that The Time Machine is 133, I naturally checked the name of its author:

H. G. Wells = 86

H. G. Wells is 86; eight six is 101; 101 is the Green Lantern logo; Green Lantern is 133; and 133 is The Time Machine, which is by H. G. Wells. What is impressive is not that such a convoluted six-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon connection exists, but that I discovered it so quickly and easily.

The "eight six" connection made me curious about the gematria values of other spelled-out numbers, which led to this mildly interesting coincidence:

one three three = 146

one four six = 146 

"One three three" was the first number I tried, and it led me directly to a number that encodes its own gematria value. A decade or so ago I made an exhaustive search for such numbers, and there aren't many of them. I only found two, if memory serves:

two hundred and fifty-one = 251

two hundred and fifty-nine = 259

I had only looked at fully written-out numbers of the above type, though -- "two hundred and fifty-one," not "two five one" -- and so had not discovered 146.

9 comments:

ben said...

y'know it occurred to me to check some SEG values when you posted the first Green Lantern post. Turns out pterosaur is also 133.

So what do we have... Green Lantern (133) using his willpower (133) to make a time-tunnel (133) for pterosaur(s) (133) to fly through

Pletho's Ghost said...

Many of your recent posts and this post in particular remind me of an old blog I used to read in the late 2000s called The Baptist's Head. It was a "Magickal" blog run by two Brits by the names of Alan Chapman and Duncan Barford. These two got up to all sorts of synchromystical shenanigans and numerological escapades and had a jolly good lighthearted time doing so.

I read your recent post about the Rosary and would appreciate it if you kept us informed about the fruits borne of these prayers. I've been praying the Rosary everyday for several years and have noticed a lot of improvement in my interior life, including periods during which my heart becomes absolutely radiant with love of the Father and His Son and a deeper appreciation and understanding of the Gospel and the Blessed Virgin's role in the salvific economy.

God bless you!

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

@Hayseed

Synchromysticism peaked in 2009. There were lots of good blogs back then. Then they all just stopped at roughly the same time.

Duncan Barford is still around, apparently. I'll give his current blog a gander and see if he seems simpatico.

https://oeith.co.uk/

I've been praying the Rosary for less than a year and have nothing spectacular to report, most of the "fruits" being deeply personal and not easy to communicate. My overall feeling when praying the Rosary is that expressed by Simon Peter at the Transfiguration: "Lord, it is good for us to be here."

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

@ben
I missed that! I did notice the paleontologically incorrect use of pterodactyl (and the much less forgivable three-fingered T. rex!) but I didn't think to check the standard term.

According to a synopsis here , those are super-intelligent alien pterodactyls who are invading Earth. Their one weak point is apparently their ancestral fear of the T. rex.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

I should mention that back around 2009 I read a lot of synchromystic blogs and really wanted to have those kinds of experiences myself -- but I never did.

Until suddenly I did, years after the zeitgeist had moved on.

Henri said...

Going about my business today, I happened to spot - sitting unattended on a table - what appeared to be a custom-printed, monogrammed water bottle featuring the Green Lantern symbol turned on its side (which I only immediately recognized as the Green Lantern symbol because of "Green Door, Green Lantern"). The other side of the bottle had a quote on it, which - looking it up - was apparently the "Green Lantern Oath".

Pletho's Ghost said...

I should clarify that I've forsaken my occultist ways and am now a "trad Catholic" of the Tombergian variety ( ie I don't fear synchronicities, sporadic telepathy, occasional clairvoyance, higher human selves and other fortean phenomena though none of these experiences or states of being necessarily indicate especial holiness, sanctity or the salvation of one's eternal soul, however) and I don't necessarily endorse Barford or Chapman's claims or opinions about anything. In fact, I'm very, very far to the right of Barford if I understand his political leanings correctly.

Last I checked Chapman was running a site called Barbarous Words which seems to be his contribution to the Spiritual Enlightenment™️ industrial complex.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

133 is the numeral component of 133t. That's the spelling I happened to use -- not l33t or 1337 -- in the search that led me to Mr. T.

https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2023/01/i-hate-coincidence-from-planet-n00b-to.html

ben said...

Mr T's initials are M T. 13 20. These numbers themselves add to 33.

Like the 33 in 133t. Which if shortened to 13t would be another instance of 13 20.



Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...