Sunday, February 5, 2023

Mr. T, Model T, T. rex

Have I mentioned you can find pictures of anything on the Net?

Last night I happened to see this on YouTube:


Wait, is that Kyle Mann trying to look like Mr. T? Why, yes, it is. In the video, his tl;dr summary of the Book of Proverbs is: "God pities the fool who don't follow him."

Yesterday, I posted "An appearance of Jesus to some Ute Indians in 1920." In the story related there, Jesus gets a lift in a car which -- like Mr. T and T. rex -- is known by the single letter T. The slang term for a Model T was "Tin Lizzie." Tin was the Etruscan name for Jupiter, king of the gods (rex deorum), and Lizzie suggests lizard -- so not very far from Tyrant Lizard King.

I know the story about Jesus and the Ute Indians because Stan Bronson told it to me when I was a missionary in Utah -- at which time, because Mormon missionaries cannot be called by their Christian names and because Tychonievich is such a mouthful, I was often referred to as Elder T. and was occasionally the subject of Mr. T jokes.

Utah is also the heart of T. rex country, a fact I noted in my 2019 post "The Lamanites were all eaten by Tyrannosauruses."


Lamanites? Stan Bronson also mentions Lamanites:

The mandate set forth by President John Taylor as he sent the San Juan Missionaries eastward to the Four Corners region was that the Saints would teach the Gospel to the Lamanites (the Ute and Navajo Indians) of that region.

Note added: When I went back on YouTube to get a screenshot of that Babylon Bee thumbnail, one of the newly uploaded videos it suggested for me was this sync video prominently featuring the letter T (profanity, nudity, blasphemy; it's about a Guy Ritchie movie).

8 comments:

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

In the sync video I link at the end, they note that the "Auspice Maria" symbol resembles IXXI -- suggesting 9/11.

A Feb. 3 comment from Ben Pratt:

"The design of the hourglass looks like an invalid Roman numeral IXI. Hermit is IX trump. XI trump is Justice, about which I know very little [despite flipping through The Pictorial Key to the Tarot and reading what I could that night]."

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

The Two Bits cheer was promoted by a guy known as "Mr. Two Bits," somewhat similar to "Mr. T."

ben said...

There's the BB again in 'Babylon Bee'.

ben said...

Also, IXXI = 1,10,10,1 which add to 22.

ben said...

Months ago, we connected Gandalf to the Hermit, who in turn is connected to the 'Ancient of Days' (Michael/Adam). That card is IX.

The Justice card carries a sword and scales, like Michael. That's XI.

11+9=20

To get to the 22, we need a High Priestess (II). Either that or two Magicians (I). I see the lemniscate on the Magician card.

ben said...

At 6:09 am my time (several minutes ago), I heard the expression 'Britney B****' while watching a video. Was there for the syncs.

ben said...

at 7:33 am I heard 'Batman Beyond'.

ben said...

Heard 'Batman Beyond' on this video (nothing really important in the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxIlxTtOZs

With 22 in the title, and at the time of writing 223k views.

Sorry about all the comments.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...