Thursday, June 13, 2024

A Sasquatch-eating party every week

In the hypnopompic state this morning, I heard a brief exchange between two male voices that spoke with an accent which, while slight, made me think they might be from Texas or thereabouts.

"He holds a Sasquatch-eating party every week."

"Every week?"

"Every week."

"That's a lot of Sasquatch, my man."

This little dialogue was striking enough that I jotted it down immediately after waking. Eating Sasquatch is such a bizarre idea; they are generally portrayed as more hominid than animal, so that it would almost verge on cannibalism. I wondered if maybe they meant squash, and sasquatch was some dialect variant or a reference to unusually large squash or something.

1 comment:

William Wright (WW) said...

Rather than "Sasquatch-eating" meaning actually eating Sasquatch, could it have meant that the Sasquatch did the eating (of something)? A party where Sasquatch are able to eat. That might make more sense.


The definition of Sasquatch is "a race of huge hairy man-monsters", and my understanding is that is pretty much how Men like us might appear to other Heavenly Beings (i.e., not super attractive).


I actually mention Bigfoot/ Sasquatch specifically in one of my posts that might tie into this where I cite a dream I had - here is the excerpt followed by the link:

"This actually, as a slight aside, reminds me of a dream from last fall. I found myself at a house, with a fairly good size group of people gathered around outside of it. It occurred to me that these were all members of the same family, and this was something of a reunion. I heard the laughter of my youngest son, and turned to see where it came from. I found that he was wrestling with something that looked like a big, hairy beast, and somewhat deformed. Something like Bigfoot with strange proportions...


"...In this case, it became clear only much later that I was seeing that scene from a floating/ non-personal view AND that the hairy Being I saw wrestling with my son was me! I was seeing myself in a bit of a caricature of how these 'aliens' [Heavenly Beings] must view us, I believe, and the current state of our bodies."

https://coatofskins.blogspot.com/2023/10/ill-call-ya-pal-linking-stones-aliens.html


This was actually the post that got the whole Empire State Building theme going for a bit, as well.

The horrible hairy homeward-hurrying hogs of Hieronymus

I keep finding more in the central cover illustration of Animalia  by Graeme Base: As discussed in " GAEL ," what I noticed first ...