It's weird how old themes take on new meanings as time passes. Those Temperance and Hermit links are particularly interesting with fresh eyes.
She was referring to my old post "Green Door, Green Lantern" (February 2023), which references the Hermit card of the Tarot. She was saying that the Hermit theme from 2023 had taken on new meaning in 2025. I happened to reread that old comment just now, when the Hermit theme is yet again taking on new meaning.
14 comments:
this started yet another sync rabbit hole for me with the Diana (Dee) character from before. always somehow related to the tarot.
I was just thinking about Diana (the goddess) in connection with the White Hart, since her envoy to Sertorius was a White Doe.
https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2020/12/the-white-doe.html
Will you be writing more about Diana? I'd like to see that character developed further.
It's not weird William.
In the paranormal if a puzzle piece continues to recur it's because
it hasn't been ' clicked in' to the big picture
where it belongs. The big picture answers the why
of each puzzle piece. The big picture is the completion, i.e.
The Great Work i.e the Rebis.
I do not have levitation dreams as frequently
as before because I now understand
its meaning and where it fits in the big picture.
And truth be told the big picture is
the same for all of us, because we are all human.
Our experiences are different of course.
We're all different,
however as humans we are the same.
When puzzle pieces are scattered everywhere in
the box in which they came, or here, there and everywhere
on a table let's say , it's chaos.
Everything is in a loop ( circle) like the ouroboros.
The saying, "what goes around, comes around'
comes to mind. And this copy and paste below:
"From Ecclesiastes 1:9,
traditionally attributed to King Solomon,
and appears in multiple translations:
"What has been will be again, and what has been done
will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun" (NIV)
and "The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done" (KJV)".
~~~~~
Recurring nightmares are' nighttime
syncs' that occur to get our attention
until the message of the puzzle piece is resolved.
When we reincarnate, we transverse around
the Zodiac Wheel.
Our physical bodies are on the wheel of linear time
and space in this duality dimension.
12 zodiac signs, 12 hours on a clock. 12 months in a year.
The first stop on the wheel is Aries and the last is Pisces.
Pisces is 'graduation day'. After we solve
the duality dimension's puzzle, we've
earned the right to be ONE with the divine.
No longer having to incarnate/incarcerate into
physical body and to be as light as Maat's feather,
is heaven for the high vibrational soul.
Our soul wants us to connect the puzzle pieces
and solve the puzzle.
We're in scattered chaos until we do.
My humble opinion from a paranormal lens of course.
Glad to be involved in sync service!
Nice typo, by the way. I'm envisioning a little wooden fence at the bottom of the page.
Kek, now I can't fix it.
As the sync fairies would have it, shortly after publishing this post I read in the Bible a reference to "rods of green poplar' (Gen. 30:37).
William,
Another example of the saying, what goes around , comes around'
as far as in the spirituality realm is the concept of Karma
and déjà vu.
Also interestingly and IRL
a Hermit and a wolf
red roses, lasers, and a white and red moon,
appeared in a parking lot today. OH MY!!
Backstory:
Marshall and I had errands to run today, July 3.
We decided to grab a bite to eat and we debated as to
where. We chose a mom and pop Italian restaurant
that we have been to before, but it's been a very long time
since we've been there.
As we were walking through the parking lot, I spotted
a dark blue SUV with the license plates HMERTZ.
Hermt z I thought? That got my attention.
I stopped and took a picture.
We continued on walking through the parking
lot and lo and behold, and two cars after the blue
SUV , I spotted a red/Burgundy SUV
with a very unique drawing of a Wolf, 5 red roses
and a white/yellowish moon with what looks
like a red tree painted on the moon.
Perhaps a bonsai type tree.
There appears to be white lasers
shooting down from the moon.
Looks very similar to the St. Francis illustration
you posted.
You wrote in that post : "Whoa, lasers are coming out of the cars!"
What's also interesting is that the drawing is located
right at the opening
of the driver side Door AND the back seat door.
I have NEVER seen anything like it.
The drawing is in the 'doorway'.
I took a picture.
Whoa....coming out of cars indeed!
When we got home, I immediately googled:
Hermit and the wolf and lo and behold I found
this blog (link below) titled: The Hermit Wolf.
Here's a copy and paste below, note the reference
to 'silence.'
Copy and paste: asterisks mine
"They always wondered, what does she do all day,
locked in that apartment?
And then someone told them: she listens to**** silence.
Not the silence of emptiness, but the kind that has layers.
She reads of ***civilizations buried under oceans***.
She argues with dead philosophers
and with ***gods who had changed names too many times.***
***She measures storms before they arrived,
watches the sun misbehave, and waits for the Earth
to confess what it had done to mammoths and mountains.
***She writes about things no one had asked her to write***
and answers to questions*** no one around her thought to ask.
She listens to Sanskrit pronounced by voices older
than empires.
She's never bored.
She is busy ***surviving the noise of the world***
by choosing a better sound.
For them silence meant absence but for her,
****silence is where everything important still lived."
~~~~~~~~
What are the odds William?
This is another example, at least for me,
of how puzzle pieces connect.
If you hadn't posted about the hermit recently
I don't think the HMERTZ license plate
would have gotten my attention.
If I didn't have the wolf experience in 2003
at the Universal Church in Cincy
(which I shared with you), and if I didn't
have all of my Rosicrucian
puzzle pieces ( which in the wolf drawing
there are 5 red roses) I don't think I would have taken
the photo of the wolf, although it certainly
got my attention because it's so stunning.
Marshall and I didn't plan to go to this restaurant.
We actually decided to go some place
else but that particular restaurant was very busy .
I believe that our soul never gives up reminding us of
what we need to know and will send the sync fairies
to help keep us on that track.
If you want me to send the two photos
of the Red and Blue SUV's let me know.
https://www.thehermitwolf.com/index.html
indeed i will. the next book will be focused on her.
Given Bill's intriguing reflection on the expression "from the narrow desert" as being definitive of the hermit--on top of our recent preoccupation with The Hermit card--it's tempting to surmise that it is the blog itself, rather than any eremitic will to incorporeality, which the sync-fates have held in the balance all along. We were recently reacquainted with ye olde hermite in the form of Tarot of the Divine's Hermit, which initially grabbed our attention for the sake of the white hart that graced the card's front. Soon, for me anyway, the focus was on the hermit idea itself and I saw the white hart as emblematic of the hermit's goal. Eventually, the figure of the man-deer skeleton entered the picture and I interpreted it to represent some new development in the prior hermit's story arc. Finally, amidst the fascinating syncs from Forest of Enchantment, I felt compelled to include its Hermit too, and to construe it to be a yet further stage in the unfolding journey of our original hermit. In fact, I understood the overarching narrative to be one of decline: from expectant forest nightfall, to eerie cathedral cum ossuary, to all-too-gnomish underground reading room.
But what if, instead of being shown first the beginning of a sequence, we were rather shown its end (in the sense of goal) which is why I unwittingly characterized its image more than once as depicting a hopeful moment, and why it was such a fruitful card in any case. To be cloaked, hooded, and staved; to walk the forest as night comes down, maybe the long night; aligned somehow to the white hart--all this is the expected end. White harts signify portals to other worlds, and in the Hermit card from Tarot of the Divine we see, not the world from which the hart would lead us away, but the world unto which he would lead us. In this new inverse order, the blue and green color beams which figurate the elements of water and earth respectively, precisely because they are the heavier of the classical elements, represent the means where, by their fusion, the teal ideal of the divine will descend to walk and swim the earth.
Reading up on a certain astrological aspect pattern yesterday, after finishing one article I looked around the author's site. The post linked below caught my attention, with card(s) of the year determined by numerology. Interestingly last year's card was the Hermit, and this year's can also count as the Wheel of Fortune. I'll be pondering the personal version for a while (this year I have the World and the Empress).
adapembroke.com/blog/2026-the-year-of-the-magician
That article led me to look up the deck the author was using. The first review I opened started off with a pic of its curiously-renamed Fool, and from there I read a bunch more of that site's reviews. At some point I idly wondered about the existence of a Sonic-themed deck and ran a search; expecting to see fan-made cards of wildly-varying quality, instead I found an officially licenced deck, released two years ago. It was easier to find a video review for it, quickly learning its version of the Wheel of Fortune bears a combined owl and hourglass image. By contrast, its Hermit is a somewhat abstract representation of the character Knuckles, and the Magician is replaced with the Master Emerald, a powerful object that Knuckles protects.
mjstarot.com/the-wildwood-tarot
files.catbox.moe/4jdcq5.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=fR6o0IWrAR4
sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Fortune_Cards/Card_explanations
sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Knuckles_the_Echidna
sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Master_Emerald
So, I had a look at one of the links that Gondola helpfully supplied, a review and overview of the so-called Wildwood Tarot. Based upon my very cursory glance at only a few of the cards, coupled with reading the review, I think it's fair to characterize this deck as being another in a line of attempts thoroughly to "neo-paganize" the Tarot, which doesn't especially aggravate me personally, though I'm acutely conscious that said attempts invariably run a gauntlet of goofiness. I'll aver the images did seem interesting to me. In any case, I must report that I discovered a few which are right up the alley of our recent "hermit" and "man/deer" themes.
I supply links to photos of three of the cards below, major arcana all, in order of their sequence in same. The cards are renamed in this deck. The first, #5 "The Ancestor", shows an antlered man/deer beating a primitive drum or tambourine in a wintry scene, presumably at evening as a relatively slender crescent moon goes down in the distance behind. He seems to me to be effecting a priestly function of some sort. The second, #8 "The Stag", shows another antlered man/deer, this time in the guise of a warrior, and possibly a nobleman or king, in a non-wintry green setting. Intriguingly, he seems somewhat to mimic the former figure in a more exaggerated way: his shield is a larger version of #5's drum, his battle axe a more fearsome iteration of the other's bony drumstick, his garb more lavish than his predecessor's, his antlers wider and longer. Finally, #9 "The Hooded Man", brings us back to the familiar theme of the hermit cum grim reaper, It's winter, and the hermit stands outside what appears to be a door somewhat covered up by a snowdrift. It seems a wreath hangs above the door: is it Yulë? This hermit is faceless, evoking a connection we've pondered before, the grim reaper. Is our hermit at this door to take a life, or only to impart wisdom--and thus see to it that all other doors be tightly closed?
http://tiny.cc/tuf6101
http://tiny.cc/uuf6101
https://cosmeticlotro.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/hermitwild.jpg
I'd say the Wildwood's Ancestor (replacing the Hierophant) is a woman, going by the shape of the chest; meanwhile, both the Stag and the Woodward (replacing Justice and Strength, which were switched) bear male figures. Vaguely interesting to see such masc/fem swaps.
themechanicsoftarot.com/reviews/the-wildwood-tarot [the Woodward is shown here]
I won't deny that there's something to what you say; and, as I said, mine was a very cursory glance--but the reason I nominated "the ancestor" (note latinate -or) male is because it has antlers. I've been given to understand that female deer don't have antlers, with the exception of reindeer. I suppose, however, that you have in mind a further possibility--since we've been talking all along about "man/deer" hybrids, perhaps this is an instance of "woman/deer," i.e., male deer head, female body...?
It's funny though that you mention The Woodward. When I went to the review about the Wildwood Tarot to which you linked and saw the list of names of the cards of the Major Arcana, "The Woodward" jumped out at me. The reason is, there's a park in my hometown called Woodward, close to where I grew up, an important place to me and beautiful (though visibly subject to decay like everything else). When I saw the image of this grizzled veteran with his lynx cat, or whatever it is, whose leg and paw are hanging over the escarpment upon which it sits, I marveled. I, of course, don't look anything like the woodward, but at that very moment I was sitting in a cozy chair at home, and my cat was snuggling close in the narrow space between my leg and the left-hand armrest: its leg and paw too were hanging over the front end of the chair. It was truly a sync of sorts and I can't help but think the fact you and I were independently drawn to The Woodward is another.
My sense on what the deer hybrid theme means hasn't solidified yet, so I won't discount anything. After all, another woman-deer appeared earlier in the syncstream ("Humanoid deer creatures"), and antlers are an easy way to symbolise deer -- the first link below suggests alternatives are prone to confusion with other creatures (BTW, the answer left by Gywn McVay is notable for mention of a "Green Lady", a previous sync theme). The second link was a prominent result in my search for man-deer hybrid.
quora.com/What-is-the-name-of-a-half-human-half-deer?no_redirect=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Tooth_(TV_series)
Huh, that's a great sync with the Woodward! I'd say the feline on the card is a Eurasian lynx, appropriate enough as a replacement for Strength's lion. (As it happens, the fur on the tips of my own cat's ears is just long and pointed enough that I occasionally think of it as lynx-like.)
The ongoing relevance of the Tarot has me considering resuming use of the cards. Yesterday, thinking it'd been long enough (a few years?) since I'd done anything with my deck, I looked up methods to reattune with it. One of the articles I opened included single cards from a handful of different decks. Two cards, one placed shortly after the other, caught my eye -- a white owl and an oddly-antlered woman. The owl comes from the Wild Unknown deck, which uses a different set of animals for each court -- Swords have the owls, the Pentacles have deer -- and the Hierophant is a crow grasping a key (as synched on earlier this year). The antlered (?) woman is from the bizarre Carnival at the End of the World deck; its Empress is also antlered, and both the Hermit and Magician have strange heads (a camera and a telescope? I dunno).
tarotluv.com/blog/9-ways-to-connect-and-bond-with-your-tarot-cards
elvitarot.com/blog/wild-unknown-tarot-card-meanings
kahnselesnick.biz/store/carnival-at-the-end-of-the-world-tarot-deck-commercial-edition
Gondola, I regret that in my reply to you I didn't acknowledge that, when it comes to enchanted forests such as the Wildwood--or just fiction more generally--things like female deer with antlers are more than merely possible. My response was less an attempt to insist I had it right, than it was to explain the reasoning behind my choice to style the "ancestor" a male. In any case, we know there's a guidebook associated with the deck; and, while I tend to think that the images on the cards are best interpreted aside from manuals, it doesn't hurt to consult them. So, I asked The Dioscuri to inform me whether "The Ancestor" card depicts a male, female, or hermaphroditic person. Here are some quotes from what they told me:
"In The Wildwood Tarot...the being depicted on 'Major Arcana #5: The Ancestor' is explicitly identified as female by the creators. In the official companion text, the authors explicitly use female pronouns, referencing her as the 'creatrix' and 'she.' She represents the ancestral grandmother...The prominent antlers on her deer head often lead people to assume the figure is male (a stag or a Cernunnos-style deity). However, the imagery draws deeply on paleolithic and shamanic history, specifically honoring the reindeer. Reindeer are unique among deer species because both males and females grow antlers..."
Hm. You were right, and it's even a tie-in to today's post about what William terms "caribou, or reindeer."
Post a Comment