Monday, July 20, 2026

The Hermit Portal and the Well Thing

I saw this today on Peter Grant's latest meme post:


It shows a person in a hooded green robe, a lantern, an owl, runes, and a green octopus-like Cthulhu doll.

Here is Laura Bruno's "Hermit Portal" painting, which I first posted on June 27, in "Owl-collecting (grand)mothers, octopuses, and Hermit Portals." It also shows a man in a greenish robe, a lantern, and an owl.


Here is a detail, showing the runes on the Hermit's staff and on the hem of his robe.


And here is the green octopus-like creature that appeared together with the Hermit Portal in my post.


This octopus has been given the face of Pepe or Kek. This is a link to the well in the meme, since back in 2021, in "The Emperor's orb," I linked Kek to the Frog Prince that retrieves a golden ball from a well.


So that's quite a lot of connections between the meme and my Hermit Portal post. The meme's reference to "the Chosen One who saves the kingdom" is also relevant to the ongoing sync theme of Pharazon as interpreted by Daymon Smith. In Words of the Faithful, Pharazon has the title "Chosen One" carved into his belt, and it is anticipated that he "would restore the land and its people to the glory that was sung of the gods in yesteryears."

Shortly after seeing the meme, I was checking /pol/ -- yes, the board for which the green Kektopus above is the mascot -- and ran across another of those humanoid deer creatures which keep being associated with the Hermit.


Mostly unrelated, but I'll just include it here. Last night, the YuuTube Music algorithm served up this song:


What caught my eye was the "A.C.T." Those letters, encoding 1320, were a sync theme back in 2023, for example in "Random syncs: Ace of Swords, 1320." The track title also made me think of "prayer in sea" -- De Profundis, or Jonah -- and then the lyrics turned out to include this:

Hey, when seas will cover lands
And when men will be no more
Don't think you can forgive you

Obviously another Atlantis connection.

5 comments:

Ra1119bee said...

William,
And yet you forgot to add my green-blue coat
to your photos?
How could you forget William?
Recall your Lady Luck in Green post from a few years back?

Recall I commented about an odd experience I had ( IRL)
before Easter Sunday
wearing my vintage green-blue coat at the Dorothy Lane
Market's Deli department in Dayton.
Dorothy Lane's address is 6177 Far Hills. 6+1 =7
Masters numbers are not reduced to a single digit
so 7-77.

Also ' coincidently'
Dorothy Lane's logo colors are blue and Green. ( see link )
Remember I shared this?

In symbolism (dreams and syncs etc.) having
to do with food, or the kitchen means ; food for thought,
which certainly would apply to a Yoda like 'wisdom'
entity and the owl i.e. Thought.

And speaking of owls and rabbits, we were not,
in the last week or so a very tame rabbit has appeared
on our property. I call him Bugs Bunny.

Bugs comes VERY close to the porch in the late afternoon
where I'm sitting
and feeds on the grass and clover. Many times
he lays down and eats or goes near
a huge evergreen tree, and lays down there
and we look at each other
for an hour or so.

The ever-GREEN tree is very very close to the porch.

One day last week either an owl or a hawk flew
down really fast and try to scoop up Bugs bunny
and his ( Bugs') friend ( another bunny I call Mugsy).

It happened so fast and I yelled and stomped my
feet on the wood deck of the porch yelling:
Run Bugs Run!!! Mugsy ran, Bugs didn't.
Bugs stood his ground under the ever-green.

A couple of days ago Dear Prudence and another
Deer showed up. They both walked through
the 2 Sycamore trees which if you recall
I commented on your blog about the odd experiences
with the Sycamore trees with both our dog Jacob
and the 3 deer who showed up after Jacob died,
Fawnsy, Friendsy and Momsy.

I call those 2 very tall White Giant Sycamores
( which are very close to the house) 'the portal'.

Dear Prudence and friend spent about 30 minutes
or so slowly eating very close to the porch.
They both kept an eye on me as they ate.
I bowed my head so as to not appear a threat.

And yet another odd occurrence with Bugs
happened last week. I had ordered something
from Amazon and the delivery truck pulled up.
It scared Bugs and Bugs ran so close
towards me, even up on one of the steps of the porch
as if he was going to climb up the steps
towards me, but he didn't.

So,
a hermit ( me in green), portal ( between the
White Giant Sycamore trees) and the Well, Oh MY!

Also, Marshall and I's porch ( we have two ) is on the side
of the house where the water faucet and
where our well is.
We have a well on our property.

Sync fairies be real busy fr fr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Lane_Market

Ra1119bee said...

Williams,
Oops correction : Dorothy Lane Market's logo colors are blue-green
and red.
And don't forget several other green connections to name
a few : the Green Man in folklore,
The Language of the Birds
( which is also called The Green Language),
green bird head Thoth, and the Emerald Tablet.

Also way back in the day ( 1974) I had a sweet
dark green , black ragtop, 1967 used Firebird
that my aunt gave me money for as a graduation
present. I initially bought a used yellow 1965 Mustang,
but it had mechanical issues, so I traded it in for
the Firebird. I drove the Firebird to the Past Life Reading
appointment in 1974.

I googled and found the exact same
color Firebird as mine, only this one is a hardtop.( see link)

Of course a Firebird is a Phoenix.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/northeast-2017/docket/vehicle/1967-pontiac-firebird-400-207551

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth

Ra1119bee said...

William,
I just remembered another green connection this time
with Dorothy which of course connects to Dorothy Lane.

Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and the Emerald City.!

Here's a clip , note ALL THE GREEN!!

The Wizard of Oz | 75th Anniversary "Meeting The Wizard"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amclN9RG49c

Ra1119bee said...

William,
And yet another odd event:
After I wrote the above comments,
Marshall and I left the house to run a few errands.

We went to a grocery store ( Dots, not Dorothy Lane )
and as we were shopping the den of Muzak songs
( none of the songs did I recognize ) were playing
in the background.

I wasn't really listening until a song that I did
recognize began playing and I said to Marshall :'that's odd,
that song playing is Tin Man."

Before we left the house I read to Marshall
all the above comments I wrote today ( 7/20 ) on this thread, so
he too thought it odd that that particular song would play
about Oz.

When we got home, I googled the lyrics to Tin Man,
and lo and behold check out this verse:

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
And cause never was the reason for the evening
Or the tropic of Sir Galahad

So please believe in me
When I say I'm spinning round, round, round, round
Smoke glass stain'd bright colors
Image going down, down, down, down
Soaps ****a green like bubble***
~~~~~
I then wikied Tin Man and saw that it was released
in Aug of 1974 which' coincidently' was the year I drove
my Firebird to the Past Life Reader ( in Dayton )
and to Buffalo NY, to see my father just before
he died in Oct of 1974.

Although not a ragtop green Firebird, check
out the ragtop in the photo of America on
the 45 cover sleeve of Tin Man.

I haven't heard Tin Man in a very long time.
I really didn't know the lyrics by heart so when
I read the verse with the 'green like bubble,'
I told Marshall..: 'Ok, I give up. That's it. I can't take much
more of this weird stuff happening to me every day'.
It's too much.'

America - Tin Man (1975) | LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3cYhl2uHs


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Man_(America_song)

Leo said...

A door with runes? Sorry to be a one trick pony but that sure points to the doors of Moria if you ask me. They were inscribed with elvish runes which are less boxy than the ones you see here. Although the map to the hidden dwarvish door at Erebor featured runes like these. Bilbo's green door was similarly marked with a dwarvish rune.

Popular posts