(source)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...



5 comments:
the evil ai gave one of the capybaras two arms
make it stop
It all begs the question of what this 'AI' actually entails - presumably it is based in a classification of (Man-made, -classified, and -selected) images, and a program for sampling and combining these. Since it is cannibalistic on human decisions, at every level - the whole thing is circular - like any model. I suppose it gives out only what Men have previously put in - plus some kind of statistical simulation of randomness.
Yes, I suppose I should put "AI" in scare quotes, since it's obviously nothing remotely similar to actual intelligence. Anyway, what these algorithms do, they're doing better and better.
We were supposed to have flying cars by now. Instead we have a machine that can draw capybaras playing poker on demand. Even Jules Verne didn't think of that one!
William,
I just sent you a very strange synchronicity experience I had today (Aug 23)
involving an Owl.
I also sent you 2 photos.
Check your GMail.
Post a Comment