All the recent owl syncs -- particularly those involving Mr. Owl eating things you might not have expected Mr. Owl to eat -- reminded me of this old cartoon I watched as a kid: a version of The Three Musketeers which, correcting this inexplicable lapse on Dumas's part, fills the owl-shaped hole in the original. It took some searching, but I finally dug it up. It's in French, but its genius transcends language. The part where the owl eats an abacus (certainly something Dumas would have included if he had thought of it) begins around the 29-minute mark. Be sure to keep watching at least until 32 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
1 comment:
I only watched for the brief time you suggested, and even that was very enjoyable. Beyond anime, I haven't seen many foreign-language cartoons, and it took me back to a simpler time where I was learning the art of animation. On another note, I had a vague flash of deja vu at one of the spinning guards.
A phone game I play, Monster Super League, bases many of its collectible characters on legends and fairy tales. Three of them are a Musketeer, Saint Jeanne (one of my favourites) and Sun Wukong (as you mentioned in "Six owls").
Post a Comment