Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Michael the Archangel, the Nebra sky disc, and 132

In the comments to "The vesica piscis and the blue moon," Ben linked to the (reportedly miraculous) icon of Archangel Michael of Panormitas, apparently because the Sun's face on the Flammarion engraving reminded him of it.


The Flammarion engraving includes both this Sun and a crescent Moon, as does the Nebra sky disc -- which was in the post because Debbie had referred me to it in connection with a dream of hers that prominently featured the number 132.

Only later did Ben notice that Michael of Panormitas has a Sun and Moon on his breastplate:


I had never seen St. Michael portrayed this way -- it made me think of the Sun and Moon on the breastplate of Oswald Wirth's Emperor -- so I did some searching to see if I could find other instances. I found many -- all from Mexico, all based on this original painting by Maerten de Vos -- currently in St. Bonaventure Cathedral in Cuautitlán, Mexico.


Quoting an article I had linked to about the de Vos painting, Ben notes the similarity of Michael's cuirass to the Nebra sky disc.

"Fundamentally respecting the chromatic code reserved and required for the graphic representation of this member of the Catholic body of saints, the Archangel Michael is depicted dressed in a blue cuirass, adorned all over its surface with gold stars, accompanied by a sun and moon on his pectorals, the former on the right one the latter on the left. His armor is further embellished with ruffled orange-yellow sleeves that stick out from his undershirt, and an underskirt of the same color."

Sounds just like the Nebra sky disc.


Debbie found a reference to the oldest version of the Nebra sky disc having 32 stars, which was a possible link to her dream about the number 132. On the same day, I received an email also featured the number 132: "Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

The allusion is to Abraham entertaining three guests prior to the destruction of Sodom. His guests are described only as "three men," but Jewish tradition, since at least the time of Rashi (1040-1105), identifies them as Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael. Two centuries after Rashi, Rabbi Jacob ben Asher solidified this tradition by pointing out that the Hebrew gematria value of "and lo three men" (Gen. 18:2) is 701, equal to that of "these are Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael."

So that's a fairly direct link between Michael the Archangel and 132.

3 comments:

ben said...

Just for the record, it was the Tarot card that reminded me of Michael Panormitis.

Also, it's remarkable to me just how similar the disc is to that quoted description of the Michael painting.

From Debbie's link (https://www.archaeology.org/issues/337-1905/features/7543-maps-germany-nebra-sky-disc): "Artisans next added two golden arcs to the sides of the disc, hiding two original stars."

So there were originally three golden arcs at West, East, and South, so to speak. Even that detail links up with "His armor is further embellished with ruffled orange-yellow sleeves that stick out from his undershirt, and an underskirt of the same color." from the description of the painting.

The moon and sun are the other way around on the disc from Michael's chest but you apparently righted that preemptively by flipping them in your original post!

Ra1119bee said...


William,

I don't know if this connects or not, but in the second dream that I titled Serpent Holes
( a dream I had in July of 2018, which I also shared with you in my previous post about the pendant) was interesting as well.

If you recall I shared in my first comment that I was looking
through my gazillion archive dream journals to find my Cupid of Cups dream, and I randomly came upon the Serpent Holes dream which in that dream there is reference to a license plate number of a car that a person in the dream ( named Rusty) was driving.
In the dream I felt as if Rusty
was in the Military. That license plate number was 132.

When I read the Serpent Holes dream I said to myself:" That's odd. I just had a dream the other day about 132".

It was that 'oddness' that sparked me to research 132 which is how I found all the information that I sent you links to.

The Nebra Sky disc link was fascinating because when I first saw the photo, I said to myself; Oh My God! That looks so VERY similar to the pendant that daddy gave me!

I did NOT know about the Nebra Sky disc, before the dream.

I also found it interesting that in the Blue Pendant dream, I had the impression that the pendant was made of silver, which of course would be symbolic of the Moon.
I do recall in the dream thinking that I never really liked silver jewelry, as (in real life) I always LOVED gold jewelry, which throughout the years I've collected several gold pieces.

Also, in real life, my father, having left our family in 1962 with no contact with our family after that, would not have known of my preference to gold.

When I read Ben's comment about the golden arcs and the moon and sun on the Michael painting, I thought I'd share my silver and gold connection as I think it has significance to the Nebra Sky Disc.

In etymology the word license meaning ;

late 14c., "formal authorization, official permission, permit, privilege," from Old French licence "freedom, liberty, power, possibility; permission," (12c.), from Latin licentia "freedom, liberty; unrestrained liberty, wantonness, presumption,"

Meaning "formal (usually written) permission from authority to do something" (marry, hunt, drive, etc.) is first attested early 15c. Meaning "excessive liberty, disregard of propriety" in English is from mid-15c.

Poetic licence "intentional deviation from recognized form or rule" is from 1733, earlier as lycence poetycall (1530).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know if the license meaning has anything to do with the Michael painting, but my
2018 Serpent Holes dream was very bizarre and as mentioned it was because of Rusty's license plate 132 and my recent Blue Pendant dream connection, that has led me here to share all of this.

Ra1119bee said...



William,

Doing a bit more research on my Serpent Holes dream,
I found this information (links below) which is very intriguing, as I think it connects with the Michael the Archangel painting, which depicts Archangel Michael standing on a haired woman who has a serpent torso.

The 3 links below are about The Serpent Mound in Adams County Ohio.

Although I was born and raised in Dayton, my hubby and I moved to Wilmington in 1993.
I was NOT aware of the Serpent Mound effigy until about the year 2000, which hubby and I have visited The Serpent Mound about 3 or 4 times total.

In 2003 we went to Adams County the day after a crop circle was found in a field
right across the road (St. Rt. 73).
We pulled over the side of the road and there were many other cars pulled over as well, but we were not allowed to walk into the field.

What's bizarre is this is my first time seeing the photos of the crop circle (tonight) and LO and BEHOLD, the Adams County crop circle looks VERY similar to the yellow disc photo you posted on your post titled; The vesica piscis and the blue moon!!!
Check it out. (3rd link below)


What's also odd is that The Serpent Mound is only 40 minutes or so from our house,
and coincidently it's located on the same State Route 73.

Check this out about Serpent Mound's extraterrestrial theories...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K_kM1n8DfY

https://rense.com/general64/cosm.htm

http://iccra.org/reports/ICCRA%20pdf%20reports/August%202003%20Locust%20Grove%20%20Ohio%20Crop%20Formation%20Facts.pdf





Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...