Friday, July 8, 2022

Skink-walkers and wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube-men

I just listened the latest episode of The Higherside Chats, with a soldier telling stories of the paranormal from the military. I had just heard a mention of the word skin-walker when I stepped outside for a minute and saw a fat reddish-brown skink sunning itself on the vamps of my black leather hiking boots. The juxtaposition of that particular reptile with footwear specifically designed for walking made me think, skink-walker.

Later in the episode, the soldier told the story of seeing through night-vision goggles what looked like a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube-man, sans arms. (I think he just said "inflatable tube-man" or something, but I thought of the longer name.) When he looked at it in the light, it turned out to be what he described as an "enormous caterpillar."

This evening, it occurred to me to wonder in passing if there were any blogs out there covering the intersection of Tarot and synchromysticism, so I ran a search for tarot synchromysticism blog to see what (besides my own blog) would come up. I got this:

Skink-walker is just a sorry excuse for a pun, but this is something else. I mean, how often in a 24-hour period do you run into wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube-men mentioned in a paranormal context?

Note added: Some months ago, one of my readers introduced me to the term "wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube-man" by linking to the above video in the comments to one of my posts. I can't remember which of my posts it was or how tube-men were relevant, but I'm interested in tracking it down as potentially synchromystically significant. If anyone remembers, do let me know. (A word search only turned up this post, and I'm afraid "Going Home" will now be permanently ruined for me by a mental image of a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing Leonard Cohen.)

Further note added: The tube-man blog post I linked to above features the trailer for the upcoming Jordan Peele film Nope, which has several scenes of tube-men. This part caught my attention:

Wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube-men, the name of a ranch, and the word skin.

Search for skin-walker, and what's one of the first things that comes up?


Yet another note added: Searching for tarot synchromysticism blog didn't actually take me directly to the tube-man post, but to an older post on the same blog. I then clicked for the home page and skimmed the most recent posts, one of which was the tube-man. The post it originally took me to was "Tarot Correspondences, Musical Notes, and Drunken Tattoos?" Tattoo = skin-ink = skink. This link was reinforced by two of the images included in the post:


This sync-stream began when I changed skin to skink. Skin has four letters, and if you take the second later and duplicate it at the end of the word, you get skink. A synonym for skin is peel, which also has four letters. If you take the second letter and duplicate it at the end of the word, you get Peele.

4 comments:

Bruce Charlton said...

Off topic - I approve of your new photo on the blog.

It makes you you look like a battle-hardened Roman centurion - which is, overall, a Good look to project...

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Thanks. Of course, posting too much about wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube-men may detract from the effect.

nightskyradio said...

I find it interesting, given your talk of synchronicities, that I saw this post today after having driven by a sick or injured tubeman today. Poor guy was bent over at almost exactly the center, away from the street so its head was almost touching the building wall, not moving except for a bit of very slight rippling along it body here and there.

And since I had to go back out in the same direction later in the day, I ended up driving past this unfortunate ill tubeman a total of four times today.

Also, this showed up in youtube recommendations about a week or so ago,. Just a heads up, it gets a bit crude in one or two spots. But it's some amazing wacky failing inflatable dancing.

https://youtu.be/Uka17JlB81E

Craig Davis said...

"The owls are not what they seem."

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...